Thursday 20 March 2014

'What’s in my Make-up Draw Friday' #1: Lip Products: Nudes, Reds and Darks.

Hey Guys! I’ve decided to start this friday series called What’s in my Make-up Draw Friday. Why? What better way to get to know someone then to see what they paint their face with? So lets start with my favourite and most prized collection - lipsticks. I did lip swatches at the behest of Heather Faye, and oh my do my lips hurt. Someone get the lip balm.
I’ve decided to create this in two parts. Part A are my nudes, reds and dark colours, part B will be Pinks, purples and Oranges. If you don't want to read the whole post and just want to skip over to my favourites, I bolded them for you :)
So lets get cracking!



 Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipsticks by Kate Moss in “03” 
This shade is one of my favourite nude as it has a brownish pink tone. The formula is wonderful, but not long lasting as the name implies. I wish they had named this line.








Face Of Australia Lip Quench SPF30+ Lipstick - 'Lychee Crush'
The colour is a beautiful nude pink with a slight peach. However, it smell as tastes like chemicals and accentuated dry patches.  While I do wear it for the beautiful colour I do kinda regret it.







Avon Ultra Colour Rich Lipstick in ‘Skin’ 
Can we all have a moment for Avon lipstick packaging. Apparently they have or are replacing the shape of the lipstick bullet. This is sad because this is all I really like about the lipstick.






Maybeline Colour Sensational in ‘Nearly There’
I love the colour and formula of this lipstick. It is almost a perfect copy of Rimmel’s Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in’03’, except for the finish. Which is, unfortunately, frost.








Revlon Just Kissable Balm Stain in ‘Honey’
A medium mauve colour thats absolutely stunning. Unfortunately not that long lasting. It does have a minty smell that I like, but you may find it annoying.








Max Factor Lasting Colour in Truely Toffee
This a caramel toned nude that is creamy and nice on the lips. I actually don’t wear this much, but it is pretty.










Natio in Eden
This is another one of my favourite lipsticks of all time. Me and my mum are known to share it when we go out. While it doesn’t look like it in the picture, it is a brownish mauveish nude that is gorgeous. The formula is amazing, but touch ups are required. And often.








Rimmel Colour Show Off in Red Fever
This is such a bright and intense red. It has blue undertones. Unfortunately as it is
matte, the formula is extremely drying. I actually stole this one off Heather Faye, and
used it when I first cut my hair off. It began my lipstick passion.









Coral Colour Cosmetics in ‘Classic Red’
Another blue toned red! I can’t get away. The formula is creamy and
moisturising and it does not stain my lips. Hail the lipstick Gods!









C-II in Lady Danger

There is a little shop located in the Westfield's closest to me. In it are copies of mac lipsticks. I’m not sure if they are dupes, but the colour is nice and the formula is creamy. This is an orange toned red.








Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in ‘Diva’
While these don’t last long on the lips, just oh my this colour! This colour is a deep raspberry red and I am in love. Maybe this will become my signature red? 








Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick in Starry-eyed
This is a hard colour to describe. It is a dark berry, plum, maroon colour. Perhaps an ox-blood? I absolutely love this for autumn and it is actually the lip colour I was wearing when I met my current boyfriend. Memories.


What are your favourite lipsticks in this post and your own collection? What lipsticks should I try and what have I made you want to try? Also link me to your lipstick posts on instagram (@shaydoesthething) or Tumblr (http://shaydoesthething.tumblr.com).

Have a good day lovelies :)



No comments:

Post a Comment