Tuesday 18 March 2014

The Beauty Blogger Made Me Buy It Tag




I have a problem.  A beauty blogger/vlogger problem. Some people read the paper, I read blogs or watch youtube. So here, for your enjoyment, is the Beauty Blogger Made Me Buy It Tag. Thanks Heather Faye for tagging me in it.

Who are your most influential bloggers? Who are the ones that you really rely on for reviews and swatches?
SO my obsession started with Youtube. I could probably give you my whole subscription list and point to each one, saying how they inspired me. But I’ll give you a short list.
Shaaanxo; has amazing tutorials. How does she make make-up look so good? Witchcraft.
Essie Button; Not only is she the most adorable youtuber/blogger, she does extensive brand focuses. I also love her vlogs.
KitchSnitch; Does fearless reviews. Fearless. She tells you her honest opinion bluntly and clearly. If she doesn’t like an item, you know it.
Weylie; She’s hilarious and does a great review, what more could you want? Also check out her vlogs.
HollieEatsLipstick: She loves lipstick as much as I do and is another fearless reviewer. I love her Dita Von Teese style.
And Finally, Sarah Hawkinson. She refuses to call herself a beauty guru but she has an amazing style and awesome psychology videos. Also, have you seen her recent shoe hauls? Heaven.

But really, I could go on for days and days.

Do you buy a product solely as a result from one review from your favourite bloggers, or do you look for more reviews from others?
If the product is relatively inexpensive, or is highly recommended by Essie Button, Kitsch Snitch or  HollieEatsLipstick, I will probably go buy it just to give it a try. Usually however, I look up multiple reviews or buy my items on a whim.

What is your most favourite item that you have ever brought as a consequence of blogs?
Probably M.A.C Lipstick. I bought St Germaine because of how amazing it looked on Shaaanxo and I have never looked back.

What is your least favourite item that you have brought as a consequence of blogs?
Rimmel True Match in ... . I remember that everyone was raving about it while I was using the Fit Me foundation in 115. I made the change and I was stuck with a foundation that didn’t suit me, clung to my dry patches and then oxidized. I also hopped on the lumi Magique thanks to Chloe Morello. Too sparkly for me, however if you want to look like the sappy, male role of a popular book series, go for it. Now, I will never go back to neither.

Name five products you have recently purchased as a result of blogs;
M.A.C St Germaine (Shaaanxo), Base Magique (Shaaanxo), Lumi Magique (Chloe Morello), Revlon Colourstay in Ivory (Hollie Eats Lipstick) and Colour Tattoos (pretty much everyone).

Have you ever given in to blogger hype? If so, which hype?
I finally gave into the M.A.C Lipstick hype a few weeks ago. Other then that, primers. I never used primers now I have 4. 

Have you ever avoided blogger hype? If so, which hype?
Mostly things that involve high ended products, as I only have a part time job as I finish uni. Like Urban Decay. I do want them, but they are more difficult to get here in Australia. Though as soon as they sell here, BAM!

Is everything you buy based on blogger reviews or are there some items you buy without checking a review?
I actually mostly buy things without reviews. I have a horrible habit where I go somewhere, see make-up and buy it. Its impulsive, but I’ve found some cool things.

So who are your favourite bloggers? And what products have they made you buy?
Please do this tag and send me a link, because I would love to know your beauty blogger favourites :)

2 comments: