Monday 24 March 2014

Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation in 100 Ivory






What it claims:
Sweat Proof, Heat Proof, Humidity Proof and Transfer Proof for up to 25 hours
Enriched with a revitalising Mineral Complex and Moisturising Aqua Primer
Skin feels energised, hydrated and lightweight.

Quick about my skin
Just a quick fact sheet about my skin so that you can get a better idea how this will affect yours. I have dry, sometimes flakey, skin that foundation seems to cake on. I have large pores around my nose that foundation often sinks into. However, sometimes my t-zone does get oily, even though it is usually the driest area on my face. I get a few pimples, but my main problem is that I have redness. I have yellow undertones, but I’m actually a close neutral.

Packaging

I hate the tube. I manage to waste and it makes it hard to mix the formula in the tube, which is necessary as it separates. I wish it came in a bottle with a pump.


Consistency
The consistency of this foundation is watery. So much that sometimes when I open the tube it drips out. I prefer a thicker foundation, but it definitely lives up to its’ claim of being light weight. It feels moisturising and doesn’t highlight my dry patched.


Coverage/pigmentation
Despite the watery texture this is a medium coverage foundation that has the ability to be full coverage if you are careful not to make it cakey. It didn’t cover all the redness on my cheeks, as I found I still had to use a colour corrector and a concealer.


Finish
The finish is a semi-matte finish, which is surprising because I associated the moisturising component with a dewy finish. It doesn’t make me look flat. It does have a strange tacky feeling.

Lasting Power
The lasting power would probably be about 11 hours. I don’t think it is heat, humidity and sweat proof, and it is definitely not transfer proof. 

Application
I found the best way to apply this product is with a brush. I used the Real Techniques Buffing brush. It sets quickly and becomes tacky, making it a but difficult to blend and work with.

Scent
It has a mild floral scent, which while I don’t notice, may upset sensitive skin.

Price
This is $17.95 AU in Priceline stores.

Pros
Breatheable
Moisturising
Doesn’t highlight dry patches
Semi-Matte Finish
Long Lasting
Doesn’t make me look flat.
Cons
May become cakey
Isn’t heat, sweat, humidity or transfer proof.
Floral scent may irritate.
Sets too quickly
Becomes tacky
Can be hard to work with.
Watery consistency - drips out of the tube sometimes and may separate in the tube.
Limited range.
Would I recommend
I would recommend this product as it is cheap and does a decent job for it’s price. I will probably use this foundation regularly, but I’m not sure I would repurchase as I probably would prefer to try different ones.

Have you tried this product? Tell me what you think? What foundations do you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment