Sunday 30 March 2014

March Loves and Loathes 2014

Well it has been a whirlwind of a March! Customary I-can’t-believe-how-quickly-it-has-gone. Only two more months of the awkward transitional season of autumn and we arrive at my favourite month - Winter. Winter is coming guys.
Side-stepping that pun, here are the things I have loved and loathed this wonderful season. 
I’ll start with the things that I have loved.

Loreal Base Magique Primer


I have a few primers - in fact primers are one of the things I hoard. But this has to be the best of the drugstore. It is all on them pores like I am on cake. 
It has a powdery feel and a matte or satin finish. I have been absolutely loving this and using this product nearly everyday (if you can’t tell by the huge dent I created)



Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner in Nude and Black


It took me ages to find these. Every time I went to Priceline the Nude would be sold out. Well I finally found it at the Priceline 40% off sale and both black and nude is amazing. Once it has set, it really does stay. Which is amazing for me as I have never found a liner that stays on my tight line and waterline like these (or without turning into a panda).


Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in Diva, Vintage Pink and In Love with Ginger



I have four of these thanks to Priceline’s Rimmel sale. Diva is a dark 20’s red, Vintage Pink is a stunning mauve and In Love with Ginger is a wearable orange. I do have Ringa Ringa Rosie, but I’m not a huge fan of the colour 
Come back on Wednesday for a review of this product.

Arizona Tea
I absolu-tea love this tea (so puny :3 ). I can only find this in Woolworth's, so Coles -get your act together. It’s refreshing and slightly sweet, which is good because March has been warm. 

House of Cards

I finished this season in a few days. I am obsessed. I really don’t want to give the ending away but I can tell you PLOT TWIST.
My favourite character is Claire, Francis’s wife, and I while I use to love Zoe, my second favourite is now Linda, the Secretary of State. Watch this if you like political dramas such as Scandal and Homeland.
I already own Season 2.


Wolf Mother’s new Album.

This will give you shivering, strong, eargasms. I’ve always been a Wolfmother fan, but after what seems an eternity (five years since Cosmic Egg? Really guys?) they have finally released ‘New Crown’ viva leg stealth mode. Sneaky Sneaky.
It sounds like Led Zepplin, with strong but mystical (really? can I use that as an adjective?) riffs, rising and falling vocals and overall 70’s goodness. I actually am aiming to pick up the physical album, which I never do.

Jack Links Beef Jerky in Original and Teryiaki


This sounds gross, and people always give me weird looks when I’m studying and tucking in to a bag. But seriously guys - chewy, meaty goodness? Why isn’t everyone else on the wagon?

There is only one I have absolutely loathed this month, so not too bad.
Olay Fresh and Flawless BB Cream




No coverage, strong fragrance and doesn’t even feel moisturising. What else is to say about this other then it is not worth your time. Which is sad as this is the first BB cream I have ever tested, so any recommendations on BB cream will be much loved.


So these are my favourites. Please comment below on what you think and recommend products you have been loving this March.

Want more March goodness? Check out Heather’s March Favourites 

Wanna have more updates on what I’m wearing and trying, check out my Instagram: @shaydoesthething.


No comments:

Post a Comment