Monday 24 November 2014

Empties November 2014



I am not really sure why beauty gurus love finishing products.  To be honest it makes me a little sad, especially when it is skincare. But it is a necessary because I love trying new products.
It takes me forever to finish products, but continue reading if you want know the products I have finally finished in the last month.

·      Australis Make-up Finishing Spray, with Aloe Vera & Rose Water
This was my first brush with finishing sprays. It was cooling, settled down powder and elongated the lasting power of my foundations. And it was affordable. The only con I can think of was the spray. It felt like being sprayed with a water bottle and I had to pat it in to get an even coverage. While I did it enjoy it, I won’t be repurchasing as I want to try other setting sprays. Perhaps the NYX ones.

·      Chi Chi Fabulous and Flawless Foundation
I am a huge lover of Chi Chi. It’s affordable, has great products and is easy to find in Australia. Win-win. This foundation is no exception.
It has a lovely satin finish, is medium to full coverage and doesn’t cling to dry spots, which is a big thing for me. But if only they made a lighter shade damn it! I wear 1 (light) and it is still just a tad too dark for me.
Actually to be honest I can’t even really fault them for it, it’s pretty common in all drugstore foundations.
I will repurchase this again. Soon.

·      Lush Ro’s Argan Body Conditioner
This is divine. I’m not gonna lie, I am the worst at moisturizing after bathing. No judgment. But with this, it doesn’t even matter. It is just an extra step in the shower. It smells like sweet rose, which I love, and works by leaving a residue on the skin due to the oils. But it doesn’t feel excessively oily, just hydrating. I will definitely be buying this again, and if not the rose one, the Turkish Delight. Yes, they have a Turkish Delight version.

·      Organix Repairing Awapuhi Ginger Shampoo
I hated this product at first. But it definitely grew on me because it is a good shampoo. It left my hair clean, soft and shiny without stripping too much of the moisture of my hair. It does strip colour quite quickly, but over all it is a good product that I may buy again later.

·      Schwarzkoph Extra Care Hair Repair with Liquid Keratin Conditioner
This has got to be one of the best conditioners I have ever used. I really love Schwarzkoph’s Extra Care range as they are high quality products for a decent price. It was thick, conditioning. It did weigh down my hair, but that is usual as I have extremely fine hair. Overall, I will buy again as I can really say nothing but praise.

·      Swisse Purify Cream Face Cleanser
This has been in my skin care routine for over a year now. I credit this with changing my skin to a normal type instead of extremely dry. It isn’t the best cleanser –in the fact it doesn’t make my skin feel squeaky-clean. If you would like a more in-depth review, check out my skincare post.

·      Garnier CleanDetox Gentle Exfoliating Scrub
This scrub is nice and moisturizing. The beads are hard (which I love because I like abrasive scrubs) so if that is not for you do not get this product. I’m surprised this didn’t run out sooner because when I first bought it I used it everyday (I know, I know). If you want to see what else I think about this product, check out my skincare post.

·      L’oreal Paris Skin Perfection Correcting Day Moisturizer
This was a sample from something. I only used it once, but from what I experienced of it, it was quite thick for a day cream. If you have used this product, or are using this moisturizer, let me know your experience down in the comments section.

·      Cetaphil Daily Advanced Ultra Hydrating Lotion
I LOVE this moisturizer. Thin in constancy, but super hydrating. No wonder Hollie Forrest has been raving about it. Want to know more about this product? Check out my skincare post.


Do you use any of these products? If so, tell me what you think of them in the comments section. Come back and see me soon, my next post is on things I have absolutely adored throughout November.


Wanna have more updates on what I’m wearing and trying, check out my Instagram: @shaydoesthething.

No comments:

Post a Comment